Leading teaching and learning
Full course description
Who is this training package for?
School leaders who want to learn more about the importance of being a role model to create the appropriate climate, expectations and focus for leading teaching and learning
What will it cover?
- what is leading?
- great teachers and effective teaching
- how students learn
The aim of the course is to understand the role of leadership in improving and sustaining the quality of teaching and learning and identify how to influence teaching and learning in their schools
What will I take away?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the role of leadership in improving and sustaining the quality of teaching and learning.
- identify the characteristics of highly effective teaching and understand more about how students learn
- understand the conditions for effective learning
- know what action to take to monitor and improve the quality of teaching and learning
This course is self-paced so you can take as little or as long as you like to complete it.
- Online study: three to four hours
Please note, you will need to use one of the following web browsers to access the training package:
- Chrome 79 and 80
- Firefox 72 and 73
- Edge 79 and 80
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Safari 12 and 13 (Macintosh only)
- Flash (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
You may start this training package at any time.