Full course description
What are communication and collaboration skills?
Fostering effective communication (orally, and in writing); actively listening to and engaging with others in diverse and multi-lingual environments, and understanding verbal and non-verbal communication; developing the ability to work in diverse international teams, including learning from and contributing to the learning of others, assuming shared responsibility, cooperating, leading, delegating and compromising to produce new and innovative ideas and solutions.
Who is this training package for?
School teachers who want to discover the most effective ways of teaching communication and collaboration skills in the classroom.
What will it cover?
Combining theory and practical examples, this training package will help you gain a clear understanding of communication and collaboration skills and why they are important for today’s young people. It will provide you with the concepts, opportunities and tools you need to integrate the teaching of communicative and collaborative skills into your everyday practice.
What will it teach me about communication and collaboration skills?
· What they are and why they are important
· How to integrate them into everyday teaching practice
· How to design, implement and evaluate initiatives to promote their development at your school
· Ways of reflecting on your own communicative and collaborative skills as an individual and as a teacher.
What will I take away?
The training package will give you the confidence to propose and discuss ideas about how to integrate communicative and collaborative skills into regular classroom and school activities. It will provide guidelines for conducting school-based developments to improve the teaching and learning of communication and collaboration skills among students and colleagues.
You will also identify and create an action plan to develop communicative and collaborative skills at school after completion of the course.
Before accessing this training package, please register with British Council Schools Online.
- Online study – 8-10 hours
- Optional reading – 4 hours
- School-based activities – at least 4 weeks (non-consecutive)
Before starting, we recommend you find a learning partner who can offer you support and advice throughout the training course. This could be an existing colleague who you can meet with regularly to discuss your progress.
Please note: You will need to use one of the following web browsers to access the training package:
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 (Edge support begins September 28; IE 10 will be discontinued on November 21)
- Chrome 44 and 45
- Safari 7 and 8
- Firefox 39 and 40 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 17 and 18 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)