Full course description
Promoting economic and social entrepreneurialism; imagining and pursuing novel ideas; judging value; developing innovation and curiosity.
Who is this training package for?
School teachers who want to discover the most effective ways of teaching creativity and imagination skills in the classroom.
What will it cover?
Combining theory and practical examples, this training package will help you gain a clear understanding of creativity and imagination skills and why they are important for today’s young people. You will explore the range and richness of creativity as an underpinning approach to learning and how to apply creativity in a range of different contexts and purposes.
What will it teach me about creativity and imagination skills?
· What they are and why they are important
· Ways they can underpin learning and teaching
· How to plan projects and lessons that promote them in learning
· How to undertake meaningful assessment of creativity
· Ways you can nurture creativity in yourself, in your students and with colleagues.
What will I take away?
The training package will help you to understand the value of creativity and imagination as core learning skills. It will enable you to relate creative approaches to real-world challenges and create strategies that enable you to consciously nurture and develop the creative capacities of your students.
Before accessing this training package, please register with British Council Schools Online.
· Online study – 8-10 hours
· Optional reading – 4 hours
· School-based activities – at least 4 weeks (non-consecutive)
Before starting, we recommend you find a learning partner who can offer you support and advice throughout the training course. This could be an existing colleague who you can meet with regularly to discuss your progress.
Please note: You will need to use one of the following web browsers to access the training package:
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 (Edge support begins September 28; IE 10 will be discontinued on November 21)
- Chrome 44 and 45
- Safari 7 and 8
- Firefox 39 and 40 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 17 and 18 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)